Friday, February 20, 2009

4 Weeks Old

So Audrey is finally 4 weeks old. I cannot believe it. Part of me feels like this time flew by, but the other part feels like this has been the longest 4 weeks of my life. I remember when she was born, everyone kept saying, wait until she's a month old or 6 weeks, then she'll start sleeping through the night, you'll feel like you have your routines down, etc. Well, it's true! The first 2 weeks were a little rough. It was hard to adjust our thinking to revolve around Audrey and to ALWAYS be worrying about her. It was also hard to wake up every few hours. But now she is sleeping in 5 hour stretches (knock on wood!) and I really do feel "normal" again. Like I can think about something other than her for a minute! :)

These past 2 weeks have been the best weeks of my life. I keep looking at Audrey and can't believe she's MY daughter. I have a daughter. James and I just look at her in awe and can't believe she's ours.

And this song by Darius Rucker just came out (Hootie for those of us in the know!) and it makes me cry every time I hear it. I had James listen to it last night and he actually teared up. We just can't picture our little Audrey as a teenager! You have to watch the video. I promise you will cry too!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6JHXHWZLpU

It was a little tough to get Audrey to cooperate on her photo shoot today. She was a little fussy at first . . .


Then she just passed out and was done with it! :)



No comments: