Thursday, January 29, 2009

Deep Thoughts from a New Mom ;)


So last night I attempted to go out for an hour and leave Audrey. Heather was having a Jewelry party so I thought I would get out for a minute and buy myself something cute. I took a shower, actually dried my hair and put on make-up, and actually fit into a pre-pregnancy shirt! I was feeling good. Of course I had no second thoughts about leaving Audrey with James and I was on my way. But the minute I walked down the street to Heather's, I started to tear up! I went on to the party though and was excited to see some friends. But as I was talking to them I found myself not even listening to what they were saying. All I could think of was "I wonder what Audrey's doing?" Even a small glass of wine didn't calm me down. As we sat down to look at the jewelry, was near tears again. I kept asking myself why in the world am I looking at jewelry when I can be looking at my baby? So I got up and went home! The minute I walked in the door I just started crying. And I don't even know why! I just felt so emotional. I kept telling James that I don't know how I'll ever be able to enjoy anything else again!!


So my question to all the moms is "Is this normal?" and "When did you feel ok leaving the baby?" How can I leave such a precious face?



No comments: