Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Jumpstart

So if y'all didn't think I was sappy enough in my last post, here's another one from super sentimental mom over here.  I don't know what it is, but I am just so emotional about Audrey growing up.  I don't know if it's the fact that she has less than one year left at Whistlestop, or that two of my friends at work get to bring their Kindergarten kiddos to school with them this year and I get to see where we will be next year, or that I just love this age that Audrey is at that I never want it to end.

How we went from starting Whistlestop over 3 years ago in The Toddler Room . . .

to being in JUMPSTART, I just don't know.  Can you even stand how grown up she looks here??



I remember when we first started at Whistlestop and got the calendar for all of the activities that the kiddos in the Toddler Room through the PreK-B room would be doing.  There was a whole *separate* calendar for Jumpstart and Schoolers.  I couldn't even fathom what they were doing.  Now we're here!  Audrey's in a wonderful new class that is getting her ready for Kindergarten and she is so excited.  She's ready.  Me, not so much.  I'll be honest, when I picked her up last Friday (her last day of PreK-B) I was tearing up.  Luckily a lot of the moms were as well, and some were even out and out crying.  "How are our children ready for Jumpstart?  They have such a strong curriculum!  The kids will have daily folders!  The will be phasing out nap time!"  We all just stood around in a circle tearing up.  I can't even imagine what I will be like a year from now.

But enough about me.  ;)  This is about the big Jumpstarter herself.  James got to bring her into school this morning and said she was super excited and not one bit nervous.  He also got to pick her up.  (Darn Back to School Night at my school!) and she had a wonderful day.  A smooth transition.  Woo-hoo!  Here's to a wonderful LAST year of preschool.

Next post . . . packing for Audrey's freshman year at A&M!  ;)

2 comments:

Gerri said...

I am so glad Audrey had a wonderful day. She is so grown up!!From here on out Audrey will be ready for the next stage way before you are, so get ready for it. I love you both so very much~~~ WHOOP!

garyn said...

Amy-
You have a wonderful talent for expressing yourself through the written word. Always enjoy your blog and watching Audrey grow up before our eyes in your writings
It IS a magical time for all.

Grandpa